- 2 Apr 2014
- 0 Comments
- in Blog
“Exercising is important.” Having heard that millions of times many head to gym or brisk walks for their daily quota of exercise. But simply running on the treadmill can be too boring sometimes. Enjoying your workout is necessary. One needs to have that enthusiasm to enjoy their workout regime. In the recent times, new and fun workouts have emerged which give more results than the clichéd gym. Here are a few fun and alternative workouts which makes sure you not only lose weight but also enjoy your workout.The Masala Bhangra Workout
The Masala Bhangra Workout is an exercise dance routine that modernizes the high-energy folk dance of Bhangra by blending traditional Bhangra dance steps and the exhilaration of Bollywood (Hindi film) moves. This unique dance mixes cardiovascular with fun, and is suitable for participants of all ages and fitness levels.
- Masala Bhangra is a 45-60 minutes class and the music is based on dhol beats which help in making it a high energy workout.
- It is a group activity, is fun and burns more than 500 calories an hour. Besides the cardiovascular gains, this workout also tones up the entire body, helps to maintain correct posture and strengthens the core.
Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements.
- The exercises include music with fast and slow rhythms, as well as resistance training.
- The music comes from the following dance styles: cumbia, salsa, merengue, mambo, flamenco, chachacha, reggaeton, soca, samba, belly dancing, bhangra, hip hop music, axé music and tango.
- A Zumba class is an hour long and burns 800-900 calories per hour.
- This dance fitness workout has taken fitness to a whole new level by creating a full body strength training workout that will effectively tone and build muscle strength and burn fat/calories; all while you dance to the Bar Bhangra beats.
- This total body conditioning workout utilizes no more than 1 pound bars or weights and is suitable for all fitness levels.
- A 45 minutes workout session burns 800-1000 calories
- Bootcamp typically blends military style and athletic performance drills. The workout is straight forward and intense and can be done outdoors and indoors. It is efficient as you workout your entire body, heart and muscles, by going from one exercise to another with no rest.
- Boot Camp training often commences with dynamic stretching and running, followed by a wide variety of interval training, including lifting weights/objects, pulling rubber TRX straps, push-ups/sit-ups, squats, jogging, plyometrics, and various types of intense explosive routines. Sessions usually finish with yoga stretching
- The challenge is to push your body to its final limits. So, you work, sweat, and best of all you burn loads of calories.
- Boot Camps are sometimes organized outdoors in parks or beaches using bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, suspension training and burpees, interspersed with running and competitive games. The idea is that everyone involved works at their own pace as they team up and work towards one goal, either in pairs, small teams of three or four, or even two teams head on.
- A big advantage of Boot camps is that they provide social support for those taking part. This provides a different environment for those exercisers who get bored in a gym and so find it hard to develop a habit of exercise.
- Members of fitness boot camps are usually tested for fitness on the first day and then retested at the end of the camp, which usually runs for between 4 and 6 weeks.
- A new range of exercises designed specifically to be performed in the water are becoming very popular. They can help you lose weight, beat cellulite and tone up faster than ordinary exercises.
- The major benefit to exercising in the water is the protection it offers for your joints.
- Exercising in water eliminates this shock impact, protecting your joints. Experts believe that the buoyancy of the water can reduce the impact on your joints by over 85 per cent.
- Just because exercising in water is softer on joints does not mean it is a softer workout.
- Working out in water means your muscles are forced to work harder, burning more fat and toning them up faster than land-based exercises. This is because they are fighting the water every time they move.
- Aqua-exercises also have a cooling effect on the body; because you are working out in the water, your body is not sweating as much to cool the muscles down. This means there is less chance of you becoming dehydrated during your workout.
- Decreased: Stress, blood pressure, tension, weight, pain, body fat, impact on joints, risk of injury, and prescription drug requirements.
- Increased: Strength, flexibility, energy, range of motion, muscle tone, oxygen/circulation, endurance, balance, coordination, fun, self esteem, safety, and enjoyment of life.
- Enhanced: Feelings of well-being, sleeping patterns, recovery from injuries, social pleasures, and the reversing or slowing of ageing, both mentally and physically.
Pilates is a great way to breeze through your pregnancy as it is known to focus on the core muscles...
Shalini Bhargava is an internationally recognised Performance-Enhancement coach, Group exercise instructor...
Zumba GoldToning is a toning class for older participants with goals of improving one’s muscle strength, posture...
- 30 May 2014
- 0 Comments
- in Blog
Piloxing is a cardio fusion workout which incorporates cutting-edge fitness techniques to burn maximum calories...
Exercise physiologists refer to the gradually increasing discomfort that occurs between 24 and 48 hours after...
Delayed onset muscle soreness is common after exercise and usually means your muscles are getting...
“Exercising is important.” Having heard that millions of times many head to gym or brisk walks for their daily ...
Not many people know that Joseph Pilates, the man behind Pilates, was extremely unfit and unhealthy himself. He decided ...
It can happen without warning � you bend over to pick up the morning paper and feel a...
THE NEWEST & THE LATEST- TOTAL STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY WORKOUT...
As a new mommy, you will shower all your love on your bundle of joy with little time to take care of yourself. It can get...
As a mom-to-be, your health and wellbeing take centre stage. Also, if your concerns drift towards being in shape, what you ...
A new year has begun and new diets, workout styles, medicines, gadgets will create buzz. Whereas, some existing ones...
Madhuri Dixit Nene launched a special dance yoga series with her ‘Dance with Madhuri’ app on the ...
We all are aware of how busy a bride-to-be gets as the wedding day approaches. She not only has to ...
Maximise your workout by exercising together. You’ll end up more shapely and spend more time...
As the world celebrates International Yoga Day tomorrow, experts shed light on what many yoga ...
If your regular workout session has become boring and repetitive you might then want to try out the ...
Whether you dance the Zumba or the Masala Bhangra to stay fit, adding the sensual Kizomba might...
Skip that run-of-the-treadmill gym routine for some hip and exciting new workouts. Verve shows...
Living a fast paced life in Mumbai, most people tend to follow a busy schedule or are pressed for ...
With International Yoga Day around the corner, the strong proponent of culture and a healthy lifestyle, ...
Dancing diva Madhuri Dixit fans are sad to learn that she will not be part of the judging team of ...
Carb lovers rejoice! You can bid adieu to your unsuccessful struggles of giving up carbs completely. Now you can ...
You guys might know it already that I go to gym for a month now. I used to go there in the last ...
It is anything but sedate as Shalini Bhargava brings Masala Bhangra to town. Parshathy. ...
We tell you how to set up a makeshift monsoon gym at home so you can get a great workout without ...
Ms. Madhuri Dixit Nene :
Shalini is truly an excellent trainer. She is the perfect combination of tough and soft, She is skilled, thoughtful, sensible, and a pleasure to work with and talk to. She knows just how and when to encourage and when to push, and when to take a step back. Owing to her combination of diverse training methods, individualized exercise programs challenging yet achievable goal setting, a simple to follow diet plan and personal efforts, I am stronger and more flexible, I have better balance and endurance and most importantly, working out has become fun.
Dr. Shri Ram Nene :
Knowledgeable, Competent, Professional and Dedicated are what I would say for Shalini. She is quick in understanding individual goals and hence forth providing advice and varied programs. She uses a holistic approach, incorporating flexibility, strength, posture, balance, endurance along with promoting a healthy eating regime. She is encouraging without being “soft” and a great motivator. Most importantly – she ensures that the moves are done correctly and reinforces how it will benefit . Her professionalism, extensive knowledge and enthusiastic commitment to her work and ultimately her clients, provides the perfect scenario for success and sets foundations for a new healthier lifestyle! Highly recommendable!!!
Dr Dimple Shah :
I joined JG`s gym for ante-natal exercise and probably this was one of the best decision during pregnancy. Anupa, my trainer, exactly knows the regime a pregnant woman needs to follow. Her exercises kept me fresh through the day and my fitness improved post joining the class. She is very attentive and motivated me on days I felt tardy. Her flexibility with timing allowed me to go to gym when I was in comfortable doing exercise - this is a serious plus during pregnancy. Thanks a lot Anupa!
Dr Gitanjali :
JGs is a fantastic gym and work out centre.It`s is not only clean and hygienic , it`s ambience is very inducive for a good workout. The trainers are friendly and very motivating. In addition , there are a variety of group workouts which make it all the more interesting and I`m never bored working out. It`s been 3 years and am still going strong. I have not only attained my desired weight but I have also become physically stronger , energetic and well toned. This has really boosted my self confidence especially when I have to dress up.
Dr. Sanjay Sharma :
Director Asian Cancer InstituteProf. Surgical Oncology Lilavati & Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
JGS is heaven on earth for all fitness lowers and motivates those who desire to do so. This Centre and its management provides such an unbelievable environment which gives so much positive energy & makes you addicted to stay there longer.
It has meaningful, wonderful, newer equipment and above all class very professional, helpful trainers who guide you to do targeted, correct energizing newer exercise regime which no gym that I have visited in India and abroad provides.
I have myself got absolutely fit increasing my lean weight, shedding my flab which I never achieved in previous stints at other places, this in spite of my spending limited time here due to my busy professional schedules, this improved fitness has allowed me to concentrate more on my longer surgeries without getting tired.
I would strongly recommend everyone to stay fit & happy, please join JGS.
Dr. Priti Modi :
10 years and still going strong! My journey has been of a person who prior to 2006 did anything besides exercise to lose weight, to a person who wants to exercise everyday to kickstart a healthier day, for a healthier life. My sister in law, Reshma pushed me to join (thanks to a free 1-month trial coupon) and the JGs team members ensured that it becomes a part of my life. All the trainers are superb at JGs but my major experience has been with Anupa, Shalini, Sangeeta and Vijendra. Shalini has ensured that her dedication to fitness has rubbed off on all her team members. Each one of them is as dedicated and as strict as her in ensuring that we are regular and give our best while exercising. I always share with my family and friends that I just need to reach the gym, after that the trainers ensure I give my best. JGs has also been hugely instrumental in transforming my son, Nihar, from a chubby kid to a 20 year old with 6 pack abs. Thanks Shalini and team JGs, super job, well done, keep it up.
Rohan N Gajjar, Tennis Player :
“Very Good facilities and equipment with expert trainers.Friendly and fun environment to work out in”
Sneha Jaisingh :
I have been regular at JG’S for the past 2 years. Whether it’s the Group X or the gym, they offer something to suit everyone. The energy of the trainers is absolutely infectious. You wouldn’t want to miss a day at the gym because Shalini and the team have a way of getting you addicted to workout and a healthy life.
Sandeep Soparrkar, Choreographer :
'JGS is a gym for complete health & fitness activity. Their friendly trainers guide you at every step and help you fix a healthy goal. I am really happy to be a part of JGS and recommend it to people who are looking for serious fitness'
Gopi Kukde, Advertising Guru :
"A gym is a gym. But JG's is different. It got something that makes people comfortable. More than ten years of my association with JG's says it all!"
Kishori Kukde, Advertising Guru :
" The systematic, rhythmic and thoughtfully designed workout; is what I love about JGs. The atmosphere there is kind of "feel at home". I have been a member of JGs for more than 10 years and even today I have same enthusiasm towards JGs. The credit goes entirely to JGs for it`s 360° wholesome Fitness programs.